Langlais Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Langlais?
Langlais specialises in door to door luggage services and storage solutions.
2. What are the advantages of paying for a door to door luggage service?
Waiting at the check-in desk, baggage claim (luggage carousel), security lines and lugging heavy luggage to and from a destination is an inconvenience for any traveller. Langlais provides you with the experience to travel luggage-free and to skip through the airports tedious processes.
Additionally, your PLA will handle your complex custom forms, clear any custom and security issues and track your luggage every step of the way.
3. Who is Langlais designed for?
Langlais is designed for all travellers and for those who don’t have the time or desire to handle their storage needs. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, a student studying away from home, or require a storage unit for a certain period of time – were sure we’ve got the solution you need.
4. Why choose Langlais?
Were known for our simplicity, quality and customer care. Hence, the reasons why we are a preferred door to door luggage and storage service to our clients and partners.
Our strategy to not use commercial airlines, provides our client’s with the peace of mind to know that their belongings will be delivered safely, without any interruptions or delays and to give them the personal care they may require.
When it comes to storage solutions, we’ve partnered with only the best in UK – alleviating you from stressing about who and where you’re going to store your personal belongings with, and how you’re going to get them there.
5. Does Langlais only deliver luggage?
No, we can pretty much ship anything you would like. Whether it’s a box/parcel, trunk, duffel bag, golf clubs, ski equipment, snowboard or even a family pet – your dedicated personal luggage assistant (PLA) will arrange to collect your chosen item (or family pet) anywhere in the world and deliver them to your desired location.
Luggage Collections & Deliveries
1. How do I book a collection with Langlais?
Request a quote online or via email – Complete our ‘Get Quotation’ form or send us an email ‘email@example.com’ with the collection and delivery address, the speed of service you require (Economy, Express or Priority) and the items you would like to send. We’ll then get back to you with a quote usually within a 3 hour turnaround time. Once you’ve given us the go ahead to process the booking, you’ll then be assigned to your own dedicated PLA, who will arrange to collect your luggage via a shipping provider selected for your shipment (FedEx, DHL UPS, etc)
Alternatively, give us a call (+44 (0)20 3289 5074) and we’ll advise you further on whatever service you require.
2. Do I need to tell you the weight of my luggage?
We require the weights and dimensions of your shipment, as we’ll be invoicing you based on the greater value.
For example: if your luggage weighed 30kg and the dimensions were 60 x70 x 50cm (then divide by 5000 to get the total), we would invoice you for the dimensions as that is the highest value.
3. What is your service area?
Langlais can service most countries worldwide
4. Do you collect or deliver to and from cruises?
We offer this service subject to suitable port facilities which we confirm with the individual cruise company. We require the following additional information: – cruise line, vessel name, date and port of departure and port of arrival.
5. Can I still book with Langlais if I’m travelling via Eurostar?
Yes, your PLA will arrange to collect your luggage prior to your journey and they’ll be waiting for you when you reach your final destination.
6. What do I have to do to prepare for my items to be delivered?
Nothing, just think about what to pack and when to unpack, leaving your assigned PLA to handle the rest for you.
7. Are there any restricted items I cannot send?
- Animals (including birds, fish, insects, larvae, pupae etc.) subject to origin and/or destination
- Animals: including birds, fish, insects, larvae, pupae etc. (however, we can now deliver pets around specific destinations within Europe, for more information please contact the office +44 (0)20 3289 5074
- Animal products (including but not limited to ivory, fur and garments trimmed with fur)
- Antiques and art works (depending on the country of origin and/or destination)
- Complete firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons
- Dangerous/hazardous goods (including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, loose lithium batteries, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under
- International Air Transport Association regulations (“IATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous
- Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Flowers and plant products
- Human remains or ashes.
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and / or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Imitation (replica) firearms, toy guns, weapons, explosive devices or ammunition
- Medical samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form (including but not limited to bank notes, currency, vouchers)
- Perishable items that require a temperature controlled environment
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control, including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind or packages wrapped in Kraft paper.For international carriage there may be additional prohibited items specified by the country of origin and/or destination. The Company may at its sole discretion refuse to carry other items not listed here.
8. How long will it take for my items to arrive to its destination?
You can select the speed of service you require for your shipment. However, please note that the timeframes may vary depending on the country and availability.
- Economy – 1 to 5 working days
- Express – 1 to 3 working days
- Priority – 1 to 2 working days
9. Can you collect and deliver on weekends?
Yes we can deliver on weekends. Give us a call (+44 (0)20 3289 5074) or drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll advise you further.
10. Are there any size and weight restrictions?
There are no limitations and were happy to accept luggage of any size or weight. You can book any items without having the dilemmas of overweight fee’s and restrictions.
11. How many days in advance do I need to book?
For domestic deliveries within the UK you can either contact us the same business day (before 1 pm) or contact us with as little as 1 working day notice.
For international deliveries we need 2 working days’ notice before your scheduled arrival. However, we do recommend you at least give us 5 working days’ notice for clients who do not book the priority service.
If you like to plan ahead, we can arrange a collection for up to 9 months in advance.
12. What guarantees do I have?
We arrange for your shipment to arrive at your desired destination before you, so that you can travel knowing your luggage is awaiting your arrival. Your PLA will also track your items every step of the way, which allows us to promptly handle any issues with customs and/or security that could cause a possible delay.
Additionally, all declared items within your shipment will be covered for the maximum amount set by the shipping provider (FedEx, DHL, etc) selected for your delivery. If you would like Liability Cover for the full value of your items, please contact us via phone or email to receive a quote.
13. This all sounds great but can’t I ship my items myself?
Yes, there are many freight companies that will arrange transportation of your luggage. However unlike Langlais, this is not their primary source of business and as such you may have to follow lengthy procedures in order to ship your items. This may involve having to box and weigh your goods, and having to complete complex air waybills and invoices where requested by Customs as well as possibly having to drop your luggage at the freight company’s location.
Luggage Delivery Pricing
- How do I pay for your service?
Choose from 3 ways to pay, just pick whatever’s most convenient for you and/or your client:
» Online – We can send you a payment request link which will enable you to pay online by accessing a secure payment checkout page via WorldPay.
» Phone – Give us a call and we’ll sort out your payment.
» Internet banking and telephone banking – You will need to provide your bank with Langlais Ltd details – account number: 91828991 and sort code: 40-02-13. Please provide them your booking reference number to use as a reference so that we can apply the payment to the correct booking straight away.
2. Can I insure my Items I would like to ship?
The ratio of total shipments to lost or damaged packages is fairly low. However, all declared luggage items will be insured for the maximum amount set by the shipping provider (FedEx, DHL, etc) selected for your delivery.
Most of our clients tend to travel with travel insurance which usually covers their luggage items as well. Hence, the reason why they do not opt for additional shipping insurance. However, if you would like to insure your items for their full value, please contact via phone or email for further information or to receive a quote.
3. If I send more than 1 item, would I receive a discount?
5% = send 3 or more items
10% = send 4 or more items
4. Do students have any special discounts?
Yes, you can receive a 5% discount on your bookings.
Luggage Delivery Paperwork
1. Are there any customs forms I need to complete?
Your assigned PLA will handle all your paperwork for the shipment on your behalf. Which includes air waybill’s, packing lists, and complex custom and security forms. If you’re travelling outside of the EU (European Union) then all we would require is a copy of your passport and flight itinerary, which can be sent via your smartphone or email.
2. What is an Air Waybill?
An air waybill is a paper ticket containing your collection and delivery details as well as a unique tracking number.
1. What are the advantages of using your storage facilities?
Our storage services alleviate our clients from stressing about who and where they’re going to store their personal belongings with, and how they’re going to get them there.
2. How will my personal belongings be protected?
The security of our facilities and our clients’ possessions are our upmost priority. Hence, the reason why our storage facilities have 24 hour CCTV, pin access, alarmed rooms, electronic gates, staff on site and mobile patrols.
3. Does the quote price include insurance?
No. Because insurance is dependent on the full new replacement value of what you store and we do not know what you intend to store at quote stage. As a guideline, if taking out our 3rdparty insurance, cover starts from £2,000 at a cost of £3.25 per week. For more information please call or send us an email.
4. Is Insurance compulsory?
Yes, all clients must either take out our 3rd party bespoke insurance or provide proof of insurance cover for goods in storage, before they can store with us. If using your own insurance provider you will need to ask them to add an addendum to your policy to include the name and address of one of our storage units you will be using.
5. What information do I need to provide for Langlais to store my items?
You will need complete an inventory list of the items you would like to store, advising the description and full replacement value.
We also require the weights and dimensions of your boxes (and/or other packaging with your items inside), as we’ll be invoicing you based on the greater value of your shipment as well as the rental for your storage room.
6. How detailed does the insurance inventory need to be?
All large items must be included in your inventory, but you do not need to be so detailed as to include the title of every book within a box. For example, “Box of 20 books” would be a sufficient description plus their total value.
Please put equal valued items in the same box if listing them as a collection of items with one price. Any higher valued items should be declared separately or made known to us with their individual value. For example, please indicate the higher valued e.g. Box of 20 books – Romeo and Juliet hardback worth £55. With a value for the entire box e.g. £150. We will then assume that the remaining total of £95 is to be divided between the other 19 books, giving them an average value of £5 each.
7. How much is insurance?
This depends on the full new replacement value of your goods if you had to buy them again today. The cost of insurance starts from £3.25 per week for £2,000 of cover, and goes up depending on the level of cover that’s right for you.
Please give us a call or send us an email so we can advise a personal quote for you.
8. What does my insurance cover?
If you take out our 3rd party insurance, we will cover you against the following normal perils: Actual physical loss or damage to goods caused by burst pipes; escape of water; theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit; moth, insect or vermin damage caused an external source; fire; lightning; explosion; earthquake; storm; flood; riot; strike; civil commotion; malicious damage; and impact by vehicles or aircraft.
9. How much notice do I need to provide for a storage room?
We recommend you at least give us 7 working days’ notice and 8 weeks’ notice if you’d like to store with us during the summer holidays to avoid disappointment on availability.
10. Can I extend or change my move in and out date?
We recommend you reserve your room as soon as possible in order to secure your space. However, if you change your mind on your chosen room size, move in dates or length of stay, we can arrange this where possible for you.
11. What if I end up needing a bigger or smaller room?
Contact us via phone or email once you’re aware you may need a bigger or smaller room, and will amend this for you where possible. We’ll also issue a refund or invoice you for the remaining amount.
12. Is there anything I cannot store?
Yes. You must not store (and you must not allow any other person to store) any of the following in the room:
- Food or perishable goods unless approved by us and provided that they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
- Plants, birds, fish, animals or any other creatures
- combustible, flammable, explosive or oxidising materials, liquids or gases e.g. paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents, gas cylinders, cellulose nitrate film, fireworks
- Firearms, weapons, ammunition, explosives or the components thereof
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents; pollutants, toxic or hazardous materials or contaminated goods or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature
- Any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour
- Any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks)
- Compressed non-flammable gases without our written consent and in accordance with our specific requirements
- Any item of high value requiring specialist storage (including without limitation jewellery, money, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps, antiques, fine art or fine wines
- Tyres, asbestos
- Or waste materials including any materials or goods for export deemed to be waste e.g. used electrical equipment (unless tested and certified for re-use), used vehicles or parts thereof.